Would you like to be involved with helping to develop NICE guidance & standards?
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) would like the public to get involved and hear their views upon developing guidance and standards in health and social care.
A summary of the consultation proposals can be found below:
- Standardising how NICE engage with and involve people across guidance and standards programmes.
- Involving people earlier and keeping them involved throughout the development process.
- Being clearer on how NICE find information about people’s experiences of care and how we take account of that experience in our guidance.
- Recruiting a broad pool of people with knowledge and experience of specific conditions or services. This group can be drawn on as needed to join decision-making bodies.
- Introducing a formal feedback process. This will enable people who help develop guidance and standards to be aware of the impact of their contribution.
- Making better use of social media to:
- communicate with people about guidance and standards
- make it easier for people to communicate with NICE.
- Reinforcing the message among staff that involving people is everyone’s responsibility.
To view the full consultation document please click here: public-involvement-review-consultation-paper
Complete the following survey: https://www.snapsurveys.com/wh/s.asp?k=147991045166 by Tuesday 28th February 2017.