NHS Greater Huddersfield CCG is holding the first drop-in session for wheelchair service users being held by the new provider for Calderdale and Kirklees: Ross Care, in partnership with Blatchford.
Carers, professionals and other stakeholders are also welcome at the session, which is being held so that you can meet the new people behind the service from Ross Care & Blatchford and raise questions about what this new provider means for you, your family and, carers.
The event takes place on 15 October 2019, from 12:00pm-6:00pm at:
Wheelchair Service Centre Unit G7, Navigation Close
Lowfields Business Park
No prior registration is needed so please come and visit the new team.
The contract with Opcare Limited to provide the Posture & Mobility (Wheelchairs) Service in Calderdale and Kirklees will end on Monday 30th September 2019.
Following a formal procurement process, a new contract has been agreed with Ross Care in partnership with Blatchford. This begins on Tuesday 1st October 2019.
Because of the move from one provider (Opcare Limited) to another (Ross Care & Blatchford), waiting times may be longer than we would like whilst the new service provider gets up and running, and they work with service users currently in the service. We’re sorry about this and assure everyone that the CCGs and Ross Care & Blatchford will do all that we can to reduce waiting times as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Ross Care will prioritise urgent cases or cases where there is potential for patient harm should there be a delay
Ross Care and the CCGs are, and will continue, to work closely together to establish the service, monitor performance and provide opportunities for service users, carers, families and other key stakeholders to be involved in shaping the new service.
- There may be some disruptions between the old and new services.
- Equipment repairs and urgent requests for equipment will be provided for by Opcare, as usual, until 30th September 2019.
- All new, non-urgent referrals for assessment will be handed over to Ross Care.
- Some service users who have been assessed recently by Opcare may experience a short delay as their equipment will be ordered and delivered by Ross Care after 1st October.
- Any current complaints people have made to Opcare will continue to be dealt with by Opcare from Tuesday 1st October 2019.
- The service will continue to operate from the same premises at Lowfields Business Park, Elland.
- Ross Care will take over the existing telephone number from Opcare. This means that people will continue to use the same number for urgent and non-urgent enquiries.
If anyone has concerns or complaints, we always recommend that people go to the provider first, as this can result in a quicker response and resolution of any technical or medical aspects of the concern or complaint.
Until 1 October 2019, questions or complaints about the current service should be directed to Opcare: https://www.opcare.co.uk/nhs-clinic-locations/calderdale-and-north-kirklees/
If you are not satisfied with any responses received from the provider, complaints can be made to NHS Calderdale CCG, NHS Greater Huddersfield CCG or NHS North Kirklees CCG via the CCGs’ Complaints Teams.